6 – 10 December 2012 – Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar
PHD Chamber organized the sixth edition of its annual flagship event, the Punjab International Trade Expo, PITEX 2012 from 6th to 10th December 2012 at Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar.
It was the most successful International Trade Expo of PHD Chamber so far – both in terms of participation / visitors and the number of countries participating in the Event. This year saw participation from 10 countries including Pakistan, Thailand, Iran, Egypt, UAE, South Africa, Vietnam, Australia, Afganistan and Nepal.
The Govt. of Punjab was the Host State for the Event which was supported by the Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Food Processing, Ministry of MSMEs, NABARD, NSIC, TMA, Shawl Club, Knitwear Club and PTU.
Over 300 Exhibitors from various states of India and abroad participated in the mega event. A large number of PSUs and Tourism departments of Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Goa and Karnataka also participated.
The Expo was inaugurated on 1st Dec. 2011 by Shri Navjot Singh Sidhu, M.P. A number of dignitaries were present on the occasion.
S. Parkash Singh Badal, Hon'ble Chief Minister, Punjab was the Chief Guest at the Valedictory Function held on 5th December, 2011 which was also attended by a number of other VIPs
- Shri Janmeja Singh Sekhon, Irrigation Minister, Punjab
- Shri Inderbir Singh Bolaria, Chief Parliamentary Secretary
- Shri S S Channy, Principal Secretary, Industries, Punjab
- Shri Prakash Bakshi, Chairman, NABARD and
- Mr. Scot Slessor Canadian Consulate General in Chandigarh
- Diplomats from African countries like Botswana, Ghana, South Africa
visited PITEX-11. Besides, delegations from eleven Chambers of Commerce and Industry from Pakistan participated in the Trade Expo. The delegation from Lahore Chamber which consisted of approx 100 delegates headed Mr. Sheikh Irfan Qaiser, President, LCCI, was the largest ever trade delegation from Lahore.
From the PHD Chamber, the functions were attended by Shri Salil Bhandari, President, Shri Sandip Somany, Sr. Vice President, Shri Rajiv Bali and Shri R S Sachdeva, Chairman & Co-Chairman respectively of Punjab Committee and other senior members of the Chamber.
Ms. Susmita Shekhar, Secretary General and other senior officers of the Chamber from H.O. also visited the Trade Expo.
- Seminar on Business Opportunities in Africa in association with EXIM Bank
- Presentation by RAKFTZ on Investment Opportunities in Middle East
- Seminar on BSE-SME Exchange - that provided insights to SMEs on getting listed on BSE-SME Exchange
- B to B interaction between visiting Chambers of Pakistan & Industry Associations of Punjab to explore business opportunities across the border.
- A Memorandum of Understanding has also been signed between PHD Chamber and Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry on 3rd December 2011 to work together for improving trade relations between our two countries.
PITEX 11 witnessed huge rush of visitors. More than 2.5 lakh visitors visited the fair over the five days of the vibrant show. PITEX evinced keen interest from Indian manufacturing industry, trade bodies and the business fraternity and generated business enquiries worth more than Rs 210 crore.
Looking at the overwhelming response from the visitors, and exhibitors, both from India and overseas, Chamber has decided to organize the seventh edition of PHD-Punjab International Trade Expo, PITEX, 2012 at Amritsar for the fifth consecutive year.
The Award for Highest Footfall category went to International Tractors Limited. While the award for Best Display went to Kajaria tiles, Pak World was given the award for Best International exhibitor. PSIEC was awarded the best PSU award.